Dexcom G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System
The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System includes three parts: a small sensor, which measures the glucose levels beneath the skin, the transmitter and the monitor. The transmitter is affixed to the top of the sensor and wirelessly transmits information to the Dexcom receiver or to your personal mobile device. The Dexcom receiver displays your glucose trends in vivid colors. With the mobile app information can be shared on multiple smart devices, making your Dexcom system the most advanced CGM system available.
- The Dexcom G5 is the only CGM system approved by the FDA to let you make treatment decisions without pricking, based on its reading.
- The small G5 sensor measures glucose levels just under the skin
- The transmitter is affixed to the top of the sensor and sends data wirelessly to the Dexcom G5 mobile receiver and/or your personal mobile device
- The Dexcom Receiver includes a vivid LCD display for easy viewing.
- The Dexcom G5 system is approved for children as young as 2 years old with two approved sensor placements.
- Provides data every 5 minutes with color indications and graphs that indicate low range, high range and target range.
- With the Dexcom Share App, you can allow up to five people to help you monitor your glucose levels from their smart device, giving you the circle of support you need to manage your diabetes.
- Sensor – The small, discrete sensor located just underneath the skin, measures your glucose levels.
- Transmitter –The transmitter is affixed to the top of the sensor and sends data wirelessly to the Dexcom display device or your compatible smart device via Bluetooth technology
- Display Device – Blood glucose levels are shown in vivid colors so you can easily see when your glucose is trending high, low or just right. The display device can be either a compatible smart device with the Dexcom G5 mobile app or the Dexcom G5 Receiver.
- Dexcom CLARITY – A unique cloud-based reporting system which gives you’re the ability to access and track your glucose data anywhere, on any web based platform.
- The Dexcom G5 system consists of three parts: a sensor, transmitter and
- Touch screen receiver
- Receiver size: 4" x 1.8" x 0.5"
- Receiver weight: 2.4 oz.
- Displays directional trends in easy to read graph: yellow for high
- range, red for low range and gray for target range
- LCD color display
- Displays glucose numbers every 5 minutes
- Auto download from smart device, USB download from receiver
- Customizable alarms for high & low Settings with specific tones and
- "Hypo alert" setting at 55 mg/dl that provides an increased level
- of safety
- Alarms for Hypoglycemia: Yes
- Range of receiver to transmitter or smart device: 20 ft
- Sensor life up to 7 days
- Angle of sensor insertion: 45 degrees
- Sensor gauge: 26 (needle)
- Displayed glucose range: 2.2-22.2mmol/L
- Approved age range: 2 years and older
- Transmitter size: 1.5" x 0.9" x 0.5"
- Communication range: 20 feet
- Transmitter battery life: 3 months
- Water resistant sensor and transmitter up to 8 ft. for 24 hrs.
- Bluetooth technology housed in the transmitter
- The new Dexcom G5 Mobile App
- Accessible on Android devices and WatchOS3
- Audio alerts: different tones, mute override, and vibrate
- Share feature that sends your CGM data to up to five followers on
- their compatible smart devices
The purchase of this product requires a prescription. Please call or email us with your prescription information. Pricing may vary depending on insurance. Most insurances cover this item.
Call toll free: 1-888-545-6464