Medtronic MiniMed 670G Insulin Pump
The MiniMed®670G system, is the world’s first hybrid closed loop (HCL) insulin delivery system for people with type 1 diabetes. This revolutionary technology automatically keeps your glucose levels in range, day and night. SmartGuard® HCL technology offers two new levels of personalization: The ‘Suspend Before Low’ option avoids lows and rebound highs proactively by automatically stopping insulin 30 minutes before you reach your pre-selected low limits, then automatically restarts insulin when your levels recover, all without bothersome alerts. The ‘Auto Mode’ option automatically adjusts your basal insulin delivery every 5 minutes based on your sugar levels to keep you in target range, all day and night
- SmartGuard™ features: AUTO MODE ‡ - Automatically adjusts your basal (background) insulin every five minutes based on your CGM readings.*# Helps keep your sugar levels in your target range for fewer lows and highs — day and night. #1
- SUSPEND BEFORE LOW - Stops insulin up to 30 minutes before reaching your preset low limits. Automatically restarts insulin when your levels recover without bothersome alerts.# Helps you avoid lows and rebound highs.1
- The MiniMed™ 670G system offers SmartGuard™, the only technology that mimics some of the functions of a healthy pancreas by providing two new levels of automated insulin delivery.
- Bright color screen for easy readability - day or night.
- Easy to use menu and buttons
- Right or Left handed pump orientation
- Waterproof - so you can enjoy underwater activities
- Quick and easy bolus from your meter.
- Fewer shots than multiple daily injections.
- Set and tubing changes needed only every two or three days
The purchase of this product requires a prescription. Please call or email us with your prescription information. Pricing may vary depending on insurance. Most insurances cover this item.
Call toll free: 1-888-545-6464
* Mean Absolute Relative Difference.
** 3-4 calibrations per day required.
¶ Some user interaction required.
# Based on sensor glucose.
∆ Refers to AutoMode. Some interaction required. Individual results may vary.
† The pump is protected against the effects of continuous immersion in up to 12 feet (3.6 meters) of water for up to 24 hours at a time at the time of manufacture. This is classified as IPX8 rating. See user guide for more details.
∆ Indicated for type 1 patients seven years of age or older.
§ WARNING: Do not use the Suspend on low feature to prevent or treat low glucose. Always confirm your sensor glucose reading using your BG meter, and follow the instructions of your healthcare professional to treat low glucose. Using Suspend on low alone to prevent or treat low glucose may result in prolonged hypoglycemia..
‡ WARNING: Do not use Auto Mode for a period of time after giving a manual injection of insulin by syringe or pen. Manual injections are not accounted for in Auto Mode. Therefore, Auto Mode could deliver too much insulin. Too much insulin may cause hypoglycemia. Consult with your healthcare professional for how long you need to wait after a manual injection of insulin before you resume Auto Mode"