Omnipod Insulin Delivery System
The Omnipod® System is an innovative approach to continuous insulin Delivery. The Omnipod® System provides all the benefits of insulin pump therapy while providing more flexibility and freedom than other traditional tubed pumps. The Omnipod® System delivers insulin in two ways: Basal rate: A small, constant supply of insulin is delivered automatically at a personalized, preset rate around the clock. Bolus: Additional doses of insulin can be delivered when you need them, either around mealtime or to correct high blood glucose.
The Pod can be worn out of sight, under your clothing, and can be applied to your body almost any place where you could receive an injection. But you can forget needles and pens because the Pod lets you skip the distress and inconvenience of 4 to 5 injections per day. Instead, every three days, you apply a Pod featuring an insulin-providing canula that inserts automatically in 1/200th of a second with the press of a button on your PDM.
The Omnipod® System has changed the lives of individuals with diabetes across the globe, and we’re not stopping there. We continue to harness medical, scientific, and technological advances to reduce the burden of diabetes management for everyone with insulin-requiring diabetes.
The Omnipod® System consists of a tubeless, waterproof1 insulin pump—we call it a Pod— that supplies insulin to your body continuously. You control the amount and flow rate of insulin through a wireless device, your Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). Because your PDM communicates wirelessly to a Pod that contains up to 72 hours of insulin, there are no wires or tubes to contend wit
- The Pod is a small, waterproof1 device that you fill with insulin and wear directly on your body.
- The Pod includes a small, flexible cannula that inserts automatically with the push of a button.
- The Pod communicates wirelessly3 with the Personal Diabetes Manager to program insulin delivery.
- You can wear the Pod comfortably and discreetly under your clothes while carrying the Personal Diabetes Manager separately in a backpack or purse. The Personal Diabetes Manager needs to be within 5 feet of the Pod to deliver a bolus, but does not need to be kept in proximity for basal insulin delivery2 after activation.
- The Personal Diabetes Manager :
- The handheld Personal Diabetes Manager wirelessly3 manages your insulin delivery based on your settings that you program.
- The Personal Diabetes Manager has a built-in FreeStyle blood glucose (BG) meter.
- The information from your Personal Diabetes Manager can be uploaded directly to Insulet Provided Glooko, our comprehensive data management software.
- Insulet Provided Glooko automatically allows Omnipod® users to upload pump, BG meter, continuous glucose monitor (CGM), and fitness data and makes the data easily accessible from anywhere.
- Built-in 200-unit insulin reservoir, angled infusion set, automated inserter, delivery mechanism, and power supply
- Weighs <30 grams with an empty reservoir
- Automatic insertion at the push of a button
- Pink slide insert window to ensure the cannula has deployed
- Strong adhesive
- Durable, waterproof* exterior
- †The Pod has a waterproof IPX8 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes.
- Built-in FreeStyle blood glucose (BG) meter
- Large color screen with bright mode option
- Customizable ID screen
- Test strip port light for low-light conditions
- Extensive food library with carbohydrate counts
- Suggested bolus calculator (also calculates insulin on board)
- Port to download your stored records into clear reports and charts
- Intuitive prompts, like "Are you going to eat now?"
- The PDM is not waterproof.
The purchase of this product requires a prescription. Please call or email us with your prescription information. Pricing may vary depending on insurance coverage. Most insurances cover this item.
Call toll free: 1-888-545-6464